Skip to main content

week 9 science 2

 The big question addressed in lab, and a description of what you did.

We talked about when things appeared/were created on earth. 



our table groups timeline: 

4000 mya oldest rock on earth 

3400 mya 1st life on earth 

2400 mya great oxygenation event 

470 mya first land plants 

200/300 mya pangea formed 

A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture.

we took an exam during lecutre. 

Answer questions about the weekly textbook reading


What did you learn? 

For the text book reading, I completed the practice quiz for our exam. 

I learned about the history of the earth by looking at it represented on a clock. It was a different perspective and showed how spread out everythig really is. Humans were not on Earth until close to midnight on the clock example while rocks formed on earth occured so long ago (billions of years) 

What was most helpful?

The graphics were extremely helpful and descriptive when looking at earths timeline, it was nice to see it in a circle picture version instead of the long time line we did in class. Showed different representations. 

What do you need more information on?

More information on Snowball Earth would be helpful, I still do not understand why it happened. Was the earth one big ice cube? Is that what that means? 

What questions/concerns/comments do you have?

I find it really interesting to learn about how earth moved Pangea and how some animals and plants are similar one contienents coast lines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week 10 science 2

  The big question addressed in lab, and a description of what you did. In lab we discussed how we decide if something is a rock.  - coal, hardended lava, limestone, gravestone, iron ore, marble statue, and granite.  we also discussed the importance of how to asses our students as well as how to create activities that are relavent to their questions and prior knowledge  we also discussed the layers of the earth - core (heat), mantle, crust (tectonic plates)  when tectonic plates collide they can create mountains, if land and water plate tectonic occur one goes on top of the other  igneous rocks- when magma cools sedimentary - compaction and cementation (squished together)  metamorphic - heat and pressure  A description of what you learned in Thursday's lecture. Earthquakes Plate tectonics  Continental  Ticker, stick up above the water  Averages 20-30 miles thick  Oceanic   In the ocean basin  10 miles thick ...

Week 2

  What did you learn this week? This week, I learned about the 8 characterisitics of life.      -Made of Cells      - Living things produce energy ( Metabolism)     - respond to environment/stimuli      - maintain homeostatis      - genetic information      - movement      - reproduction      - growth and change  2.  How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future? I can apply what I learned this week in the future by teaching my students what the 8 characterstics of life are. I think it is a great reminder to go over these at the beginging of the year since these are a basis for biology and it explains why we do/what we are/why we respond/live, within our environement. 3.  What are new or remaining questions?  After learning about NGSS, a question I have is how to implement these standards in a school district that may not have...